*If you don't care to read through all of this, at least make note of the guidelines below*
Alright, before things continue to get out of hand, let's lay down a few guidelines for making posts. These are to be followed loosely, because I hate making rules, and the original three (as listed in the journal info
) are enough. But, any of these guidelines are pushed, for the sake of anything negative, or just anything not productive to the purpose of this community, will result in some sort of disciplinary action.
First and foremost, this is a show posting community
. It's about local music
. I intended this to be only about shows. But I think it can be used as a great resource to find new band members, equipment, etc. And while I think discussions and debate are a great thing, and many of us can benefit from healthy arguments, unfortunately most of the people that I've seen posting/commenting lately don't have the mental/moral capacity to act civily.
So keep your opinions to yourself
. I don't want any posts on how this sucks, that sucks, etc. If you have a problem with a certain venue (or something like that), however, that you think is something important, that is fine to post. But don't write it in the "oh this place sucks i hate it" style.
I will keep the opinions rule very loose...because I don't like having to restrict people and what they have to say...but...keep it mature and civil.
Now, here are the guidelines:
Posting a show:
1. Unless there was some change in the lineup, price, venue, or any other information, there is NO reason for anyone to post a show more than once every 48 hours, or once a day the few days before a show.
(This is not to say that the week before the show, you should post the show every day. That's fucking annoying. And unless your show post was bumped off the first page, it's pretty unnecessary).
2. Following number one, don't repost a show, if you can still see the previous post about it, within the first half of the page.
3. If you want to post a flyer, that's fine. If you MUST post the flyer on more than one occasion, put it behind a lj cut, please. (How to make a LJ-Cut
4. Out of consideration, if you are posting a LOT of shows, or anything that is going to take up a lot of space, please put it behind a lj cut. (How to make a LJ-Cut
5. It should go without saying, but if you post a show, it should be for the sake of supporting the show, NOT for annoying others.
6. Posting about shows not in the South Florida area, should be kept to a minimum. I understand sometimes bigger shows don't come down here, so trips up north are neccesary. But, there's no real reason to have local shows from other areas posted here.General guidelines:
1. Do not insult anyone. There's no need for it. And if they insult you, replying with an insult isn't going to help.
2. This is a community for ALL types of music and music related events. Therefore, there are bound to be types of music that you don't like, and bands that you don't like. There is no need to share the information with the rest of us, just skip the post.
3. If there is any other art/cultural related activity that you'd like to post, that you think the members of this community would enjoy, by all means go ahead. But, don't get carried away, this place is for music.
4. As mentioned before, if you are posting anything that is long, please put it behind a lj-cut. (How to make a LJ-Cut
5. NO posting of opinions.
6. However, if you have a problem with a certain venue (or anything related to music) that you think is a pertinant topic (let's say, a certain venue didn't pay you what they said they would), that is allowed. HOWEVER, it must be written out in a civil manner. No "oh this place sucks," or "i hate this place." Nothing gets properly resolved by such immature comments, if you actually care to get something changed for the better, you will not get your message across in that manner.
7. Posting about rides to shows is fine, but there's also a community created specifically for that, sofla_show_taxi
, that you might want to check out.
Basically, no immaturity will be tolerated. You come here, you look around, you post shows, you sell your equipment, you get new band members. You don't insult others and their music. You don't try to act all high and mighty because you listen to "better" music than anyone else. You act civily. If these are things you don't think you can adhere to, no one is making you be a member of this community. Do me and everyone else a favor, and leave, before I have to remove you.
If any of the rules/guidelines are broken, your post is liable to get deleted, and you are liable to get banned.
I hate having to ban people and to be such a mommy about these things, and we had a good run of people being pretty mature about things, but I'd rather do this now, before things get out of hand.
So be happy, and post away!
P.S. DO NOT!!!!!!
I repeat, DO NOT make any show posts on this page. Join the community, and make a new post.